Jump to navigation Jump to search
Options specific to the program as a whole. The Program Settings available are:
- Open last closed file – Mark this checkbox to make RootsMagic load the last closed file when you start the program.
- Ask for backup – If this checkbox is marked, the program will prompt you to back up your database each time you leave the program.
- Add date to backup file name – When this option is selected, RootsMagic will append the data to the back-up file name so you can differentiate backups made on the same date.
- Check duplicates – If this checkbox is marked, RootsMagic will look through the database each time you add a new person to see if you might have already added the person. If it finds a person that might be the same, it will give you some options to continue or not.
- CountyCheck – Mark this checkbox if you want RootsMagic to check when entering places whether a county (US, Canada, UK, and Australia) existed on the date an event happened.
- Start with side menu collapsed - Checking this box will cause the main side menu (Home, File, People, etc) to only display the icons in order to save screen space.
- Slide in workflow - Checking this box will enable the "slide-in" workflow for sources, media, tasks, addresses, and shared events on the Edit Person screen.
- Date entry – Choose the format you want RootsMagic to use when interpreting ambiguous dates.
- Units - Use inches or cm for units